About the Position
The Dibner Library seeks a forward-thinking, creative, enthusiastic, service-oriented librarian to expand our instructional services supporting primarily undergraduate research skills. The individual in this position will serve as a key contact with academic and non-academic departments. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Library Operations, the User Services Instructional Librarian will develop curriculum and implement library focused information literacy programs to increase student literacy competencies, promote the effective use of resources and advance user awareness of in-house collections and services offered by the Dibner Library. The User Services Instructional Librarian will be proactive, hands-on member of the library services team; provide reference to students, faculty and staff; participate in collection development and faculty liaison activities in an assigned subject area.
• Plan, develop and implement information literacy curriculum associated with the First-Year Writing Program
• Provide on-site and on-line reference and instruction to students, faculty and staff
• Create tutorials and organize on-site programs supporting undergraduate-level academics
• Participate in outreach and develop cross campus partnerships
• Collaborate with academic and non-academic units that support the undergraduate experience.
• Plan and organize library involvement in key student events.
• Participate in developing and implementing a framework for transitioning undergraduates from basic research skills to discipline-specific library research methods
• Participate in collection development and faculty liaison activities in an assigned subject field.
• Explore and assist in implementing technologies and tools related to instruction and assessment.
• Contribute to development and design of library online presence.
• Promote use of the collections through presentations, publications and dissemination of online content.
• Master’s degree in Library & Information Sciences from an ALA-accredited institution.
• One to three year experience providing reference/instructional service in an academic library and/or teaching
• Participation in developing and successfully implementing information literacy programs in a college or university library
• Knowledge of information literacy principles and ability to employ tools necessary for monitoring and assessment of effective library instruction
• Proficiency in using instructional technologies and social media to achieve pedagogical goals
• Ability to take initiative and develop engaging instructional materials/programs in collaboration with faculty and staff
• Experience in planning, implementing and executing collaborative projects
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based organization and, individually with faculty, staff and students
• Familiarity or experience with tools supporting online learning
• Excellent interpersonal, research, and oral and written communication skills
• Record of professional involvement
Apply to: www.poly.edu/careers