User Services & Multimedia Librarian
Albert R. Mann Library, part of the Cornell University Library (CUL), seeks an energetic, service oriented, strategic thinker with an eye to the future, to serve as our User Services & Multimedia Librarian. The librarian must be a hands-on leader, enthusiastically participating in the day to day operations of the access services department and management of staff, while also inspiring staff to seek creative solutions that address the changing demands of our users. Candidates should have a strong background and interest in multimedia technology and software in order to develop and implement library services which will assist undergraduate students with the use of multimedia AV technologies to complete their classroom projects and assignments. The librarian in this position must anticipate needs and take risks in order to reinvent the service model as necessary, be well informed about current practices, theories and issues in library services, and exhibit creativity, in itiative and flexibility.
• Responsible for the daily operations of Mann Library’s circulation, reserve, interlibrary loan and resource sharing functions, while striving to provide consistently excellent service to the public.
• Uses and customizes access services’ online systems and software that deliver essential management information and advances services in support of the library’s circulation, reserve, interlibrary loan/document delivery, and resource sharing programs.
• Researches, recommends, and employs new technologies in pursuit of improving library access services that extend services beyond the physical building.
• Assist with the development of, and participate in instruction that will assist undergraduate students with the use of technology for multimodal projects.
• Coordinate support and service for multi-media and audiovisual hardware and software.
• Assess trends and usage of multimedia/AV devices; make recommendations for the purchase of multi-media and audio visual equipment.
• Directly supervise 9 FTE support staff and manage over 35 student assistants.
• ALA accredited master’s degree in Library or Information Science
• Demonstrated experience working with library automated systems software and operations
• Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
• Possess a positive attitude, be future-oriented, and embrace change
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with current multimedia production using Windows and Mac platforms including skills utilizing and/or providing instruction in the use of several of the following—digital audio and video production/editing products, streaming video, course management systems, and graphics software.
• Excellent presentation skills and commitment to professional growth and development.
• Supervisory and leadership experience.
• Experience working with library specific assessment tools in an academic library environment.
• Instruction experience in one-on-one and/or classroom setting.
To apply on-line, please visit http://careers.hr.cornell.
One of the leading academic research libraries in the United States, Cornell University Library is a highly valued partner in teaching, research and learning at the university. With an operating budget of over $58 million and a diverse and innovative staff of more than 400, the Library supports 2,700 faculty, 22,000 students and 94 PhD fields. Its world class collections, expert librarians, responsive services in physical and virtual library spaces inspire and nourish scholarship and learning.
Cornell University, located in Ithaca, New York, is an inclusive, dynamic, and innovative Ivy League university and New York’s land-grant institution. Its staff, faculty, and students impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas and best practices to further the university’s mission of teaching, research, and outreach.
Cornell University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.