The University at Albany Libraries (State University of New York, Albany, NY) seeks applications for an energetic, flexible, and innovative User Experience / Web Design Librarian. This position will report to the Head of the Reference and Research Services Department.
- Collaborates with and leads the Website Development Team in designing, developing, and maintaining a functional, attractive, and usable website, including the mobile website
- Conducts website accessibility audits and tracks website usage
- Plans and coordinates usability assessment for digital and physical library resources and spaces
- Serves on the Online Public Interface Committee and collaborates with colleagues to enhance the interfaces of all the University Libraries’ discovery products and systems
- Stays abreast of trends related to user-centered design and works collaboratively with colleagues to implement projects and programs designed to improve users’ experience of the University Libraries
- Participates in initiatives of the Reference and Research Services Department
- Provides general reference service during assigned hours at the reference desk in the University Library (may include evenings and weekends) to students, faculty, staff, and community users, in person, by phone, via chat, and through the Personalized Assistance With Searching (PAWS) consultation service
- Research, publication, and service to the Libraries, University, and profession are expected to satisfy criteria for continuing appointment (tenure) and promotion.
Assistant Librarian or Senior Assistant Librarian (rank will be determined by the successful candidate’s qualifications)
For additional information, including qualification requirements and application instructions:
Application deadline: September 11, 2017
The University at Albany is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
About the University at Albany
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City, and the Adirondacks.