Seeking an experienced P/T Librarian with strong technology and reference skills. Prime candidates will be passionate about information literacy and have the desire and demonstrated ability to work with and teach a diverse student population in both virtual and physical reference environments, and classroom settings. PT librarians are an integral part of the library team and College mission, playing a key role in educating students on the use of all library and web resources and in developing student research skills for academic success and life-long learning. A collaborative, entrepreneurial mind-set, team orientation and flexible schedule is essential, as well as availability on nights and weekends.
• Provide traditional print and electronic reference services (including online, chat, virtual and text reference) to students and patrons.
• Instruct library patrons in searching print and electronic information resources effectively including the online catalog, subject databases and research guides.
• May provide library instruction classes and other workshops as needed.
• Act as backup for circulation operations, including student worker supervision, as needed.
• Assist patrons with technology issues in the library, including use of computers, printers, laptops, software and other issues.
• Collaborate with academic and non-academic units as needed, such as Learning Center
• Assist with planning and organizing library programs and student activities and events.
• Assist the library in activities and projects related to instruction and assessment.
• Perform other professional duties as requested.
• Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Additional subject master’s preferred.
• Academic library experience preferred.
• Excellent office technology, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with and experience with reference and public service within a digital and web environment.
• Supervisory experience desirable.