Come join our team at Colgate!
Reporting to the Associate Director of Technology and Digital Initiatives, and working closely with other library managers, the person in this position provides technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and broad support for traditional and emerging library software solutions and standards. The incumbent will use a variety of technologies, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to provide the best possible experience for library patrons and staff as they seek, access, and maintain the information in our library systems. This will include first-line support as well as maintenance and implementation in a broad range of systems with primary, sustained focus on the integrated library system (III/Sierra) and Dematic automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS).
The main duties will be to administer, maintain, and support all modules of the Libraries’ III Sierra system. The Systems Librarian is the primary liaison to III for problem resolution and will be the Libraries’ representative to the national users’ group.
The Systems Librarian will work with the Associate Director of Technology and Digital Initiatives, Colgate ITS and Library staff, and vendor technical support to manage other platforms and servers such as the Dematic automated storage and retrieval system, the Libraries’ web and file servers, staff applications, and selection, installation, and maintenance of hardware and software.
• A Master of Library Science (MLS), Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS), Master of Information Science (MIS) or an equivalent degree
• Candidates need effective communication, interpersonal, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills with an ability to work with a widely diverse group of people.
• Proficiency with one or more scripting languages and coding HTML/CSS (advanced programming skills desired).
• Knowledge of MARC format is essential.
• Two years’ experience supporting an integrated library system, platforms, and software in an academic library setting is preferred.
Information about Colgate University and the Colgate Libraries and a full job description with additional preferred and desired qualifications are available at http://exlibris.colgate.edu/
Application instructions can be found at https://academicjobsonline.
Review of applications will begin on June 15, 2015, and continue until the position is filled.
Colgate is a highly selective private liberal arts university located in Hamilton, NY, and is an EO/AA employer. Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty, staff, and student body further the university’s educational mission. Women and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Applicants with dual career considerations can find postings of other employment opportunities at http://www.upstatenyherc.org