The University at Albany Libraries (State University of New York, Albany, NY) seek to hire an experienced, customer service-oriented Windows and Apple System Administrator. Reporting to the Head of Library Systems, the successful candidate will oversee the installation, administration, development and support of Apple and Windows OS-related servers and applications in the University Libraries. He/she provides training and assistance in individual and group settings.
The Library Systems department supports Apple, UNIX and Windows 2003/2008 servers/applications, and public and staff PCs. Library Systems is responsible for the Ex Libris ALEPH library management system, web services (IIS and Apache), proxy services (EZProxy), electronic reserves (Ares), interlibrary loan (ILLIAD), and a number of administrative and database applications.
• Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization in information systems management, computer science or a closely related field
• Experience in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting and management of physical and virtual servers
• Experience setting up and securing Windows 2008/2012 servers and their related services and applications including IIS, Active Directory, and group policy
• Experience setting up and securing Apple Mountain Lion/Mavericks servers and applications including Caching Content from Apple, Software Update Service, and Profile Manager/Work Group Manager
• Competence with SQL commands and experience managing MSSQL/MySQL environments
• Experience with Windows/Unix shell scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Python, VBScript)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks; ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to teach users of all levels of computer knowledge
• Proficiency with system-level security procedures and industry standards
• Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
• Knowledge of VMware ESX 4.1 or higher
• Linux system administration experience
• Knowledge of library systems (e.g., OCLC, ALEPH) and library networking standards (e.g., MARC, Z39.50)
• Network+ or TCP/IP networking experience including troubleshooting of wired and wireless systems
The University at Albany is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
Federal regulations require notice to all prospective employees with information on crimes that occurred on campus. Please refer to the following website for complete details: http://police.albany.edu/ASR.
For additional information and to apply:
Application deadline extended through February 9, 2015