Brooklyn College library has a new Reference and Instruction Librarian substitute position opening up for Spring 2018. This is a full time, temporary position with an initial appointment of January 27 through Summer, with the possibility of renewal for 2018-2019.
The Substitute Reference and Instruction Librarian responsibilities include:
- Serve as subject liaison for assigned academic departments
- liaison duties include subject-specific instruction, subject guides, and collection development for those disciplines
- Participate in regularly scheduled subject-specific, general, and virtual reference service, including evening and weekend work as needed
- Participate in the general instruction and outreach program
- Other duties as assigned
- MLS from ALA accredited program or equivalent degree
Preferred qualifications include
- Academic library experience
- Background in STEM or experience with STEM resources
- Experience with QuestionPoint chat reference
- Expertise with Libguides
If you or another librarian you know is interested please submit a CV and letter of interest to Ms. Donaree Brown at DonareeB@brooklyn.cuny.edu. You will receive a confirmation of receipt.
Review of CVs will being on Thursday October 26 and continue until the position is filled.