The University at Albany Libraries (State University of New York, Albany, NY) seek an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, creative librarian to serve as the Subject Librarian for Anthropology, Geography and Planning, and Communication. Other subject responsibilities may be assigned contingent on the successful candidate’s qualifications and institutional needs.
• Serves as the subject liaison to the assigned departments and provides outreach and support for faculty and students
• Evaluates, maintains and develops library collections and manages subject acquisitions budgets
• Participates in divisional projects and initiatives
• Provides subject-related instruction and teaches workshops on digital research tools and resources
• Provides in-depth research consultation services for faculty and students in the assigned subject areas
• Collaborates with colleagues responsible for related disciplines to provide coverage for interdisciplinary subjects
• Creates and maintains subject websites and research guides
• Provides general reference services during assigned hours, including some evenings and weekends
• Research, publication, and service to the Libraries, University and profession are expected to satisfy criteria for continuing appointment (tenure) and promotion.
• This position reports to the Director of Collections.
Rank: Assistant Librarian or Senior Assistant Librarian (rank will be determined by the successful candidate’s qualifications)
For qualification requirements and application instructions, please go to http://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=74616
Application deadline (extended): October 5, 2016.
The University at Albany is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
About the University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Job posting P16-43669