Artstor is a nonprofit organization with a mission to use digital technology to enhance scholarship, teaching, and learning in the arts and sciences. We bring together 1.8 million high-quality images for education and research and offer the tools to catalog, manage, and distribute digital media collections. Our products and services are made available via the Internet through site licenses with educational and other not-for-profit institutions. Artstor is headquartered in New York, NY.
In a front-facing role, the Senior Implementation manager partners with institutions to translate legacy data and cataloging workflows into the Shared Shelf environment. The manager is also responsible for supporting our sales team as a Shared Shelf product expert; acting as a resource in the areas of product features.
- Independently manages multiple and complex migrations; including setting user expectations and communicating/resolving issues as they arise.
- Owns and champions customer implementation goals, and builds long-lasting relationships with customers that characterize partnership and trust.
- Analyzes and maps legacy data to Shared Shelf metadata schema.
- Advises institutions on how their data and vocabulary terms will be processed into Shared Shelf and provides data clean up recommendations prior to import.
- Manages internal (Technology) and external (institutions) resources to ensure project deadlines are kept on schedule
- Provides sales support to the sales team, including participating in sales calls and attending in person visits, and providing training to the sales team on new features.
- Technical ability that allows for the deep understanding of Shared Shelf (particularly the database design, import tools, vocabulary term matching tools)
- Deep knowledge of relational databases and XML
- Deep knowledge of common metadata schemas — particularly VRA Core 4 (restricted and unrestricted schemas) as well as Dublin Core.
- Familiarity with LIDO, MODS, METS desirable.
- Project management experience
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Experience managing projects with cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to large, diverse audiences
Artstor is an equal opportunity employer. Artstor offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a collegial working environment. Nominations and applications, including a cover letter, resume, and salary history should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.