Founded in 1967, OCLC is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world’s information and reducing library costs. More than 74,000 libraries in 170 countries have used OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend, preserve and manage library materials. Researchers, students, faculty, scholars, professional librarians and other information seekers use OCLC services to obtain bibliographic, abstract and full-text information when and where they need it. OCLC and its member libraries cooperatively produce and maintain WorldCat, the world’s largest online database for discovery of library resources. Search WorldCat on the Web at www.worldcat.org. We are currently seeking candidates for a Senior Effective Use & Implementation Program Manager position in our Dublin, Ohio headquarters.
Do you have a passion for helping your fellow librarians be successful at their jobs? Do you have a track record for analyzing trends, identifying problems, designing creative solutions, and implementing those solutions? Are you experienced in managing e-resources throughout their life-cycle? If so, we invite you to apply for the Senior Effective Use & Implementation Program Manager position.
The successful candidate will be lead member libraries through the process of adopting and effectively using discovery services that utilize data in the WorldCat Knowledgebase (KBWC).
As an e-resource and discovery interface expert you will
• Provide proactive consultative support to libraries, drawing on your understanding of OCLC’s member library goals to ensure that services are used as effectively as possible.
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative trends, theorize causes, and recommend courses of action to appropriate internal OCLC teams (Product Management, Customer Support, Marketing, Training, Sales, etc.).
• Be directly responsible for leading more complex libraries through the implementation of the KBWC in support of discovery services. Use defined processes and tools/templates to lead these implementations. Measure outcomes against member-defined goals for each implementation.
• In conjunction with other Implementation Managers, develop approaches for improving the current implementation processes for the KBWC and related services.
• Coordinate with the Senior Information developer to create materials that support implementation services and the ongoing effective use of KBWC. Materials may include project management related tools/templates, training materials, process flows and sales collateral.
• Collaborate with internal teams (product management; development; quality assurance; sales) to improve OCLC’s e-resource management solutions.
• Conduct analyses of completed implementations and provide feedback to stakeholders.
• Provide leadership and direction to less experienced Implementation Managers.
• Maintain deep knowledge of relevant strategic OCLC Products and Services as they evolve.
• Masters of Library Science Degree (MLS or MLIS).
• 4-6 years’ experience in the library industry.
• Basic knowledge of library workflows (e-resource management).
• Experience managing projects (managing relationships; scheduling project plans; communicating clearly and professionally).
• Experience working in libraries or directly with libraries.
• Experience producing high-quality deliverables (documents; analyses; project plans) in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Experience working collaboratively with several internal parties (development; product management; quality assurance; sales).
• Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to think critically to solve problems.
• Ability to proactively identify problems and opportunities and act upon them.
TO APPLY: Visit our website and locate Job #2240. Create a personal profile by uploading your Word-formatted resume.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/