OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world’s information and reducing information costs. Tens of thousands of libraries around the world use OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials. We are currently seeking candidates for a Section Manager, Data Services position at our Corporate Headquarters in Dublin, Ohio.
• Interfaces with partners, users, and OCLC staff, negotiating batch processing solutions when necessary, bringing a high level of customer service and tact
• Manages Database Specialists and other Batchload staff in the processes necessary to achieve Batchload-related production targets
• Provides consultant-level operational and technical support for users of batch updating services to WorldCat and associated databases databases (WorldCat, institutional and detailed holdings <LDR and its replacement, IHB-related, etc.>) updating of WorldCat and associated databases by providing product expertise for bibliographic and detailed holdings, circulation, acquisitions, and other batchload-related projects
• Makes presentations to users and staff
• MLS from an ALA accredited library school or other Masters degree appropriate to the position and/or 6-9 or more years increasingly responsible OCLC-related library experience; demonstrated expertise in the library database maintenance
• 4-6 years’ experience in technical user support through an OCLC partner or other library automation vendor
• 3-5 years of experience managing a production operation, with responsibilities for prioritizing efforts and managing staff through periods of change
• Extensive knowledge of MARC formats and structures (e.g. MARC21, MFHD) standard cataloging tools, including Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, Library of Congress Subject Headings, various classification schemes; thorough knowledge of principles and practices of cataloging, especially serials cataloging. Knowledge of other metadata schemes and tools (e.g., local detailed holdings/circulation and acquisitions practices, Dublin Core, etc.)
• Extensive experience in coordinating and directing projects; experience in design and implementation of automated systems
• End user knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems and application software related to cataloging and databases
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
TO APPLY: Visit our website at www.oclc.jobs and locate Job #2320. Create a personal profile by uploading your Word-formatted resume.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/