- Assist students, faculty, and staff with reference questions in person, online, by text, and email to support all academic areas served by the library.
- Provide exceptional virtual reference service for online degree programs.
- Provide support for new and existing online initiatives of the University.
- Be knowledgeable with a wide array of electronic and print resources.
- Teach bibliographic instruction classes if required.
- Have knowledge of digital repositories, online tutorials, and other digital projects.
- Be familiar with Circulation and procedures for electronic and physical Reserves.
- Assist at the Circulation desk as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MLS or MLIS (or near completion) from an ALA accredited school required. • Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong commitment to public service.
- Experience in an academic library is preferred.
- HOURS: Saturdays 8:30 to 5:30 (open to additional hours when needed). Hours will vary during the summer.
- SALARY: Commensurate with experience
- START DATE: October 1st 2018
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Diane Batemarco Fordham Westchester Library 400 Westchester Avenue West Harrison, New York 10604
No phone calls please.