Founded in 1967, OCLC is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world’s information and reducing library costs. More than 72,000 libraries in over 171 countries have used OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend, preserve and manage library materials. Researchers, students, faculty, scholars, professional librarians and other information seekers use OCLC services to obtain bibliographic, abstract and full-text information when and where they need it. OCLC and its members libraries cooperatively produce and maintain WorldCat, the world’s largest online database for discovery of library resources. Search WorldCat on the Web at www.worldcat.org. For more information, visit www.oclc.org.
We are currently seeking a Regional Manager – Special Sales to join the US Library Services Team.
The Regional Manager – Special Sales will lead a team responsible for sales of OCLC metadata management, ILL, virtual reference, digital services, and others services as assigned. The primary focus of the Regional Manager – Special Sales is to manage, hire, and lead a team of specialized library consultants to ensure that sales and revenue goals are exceeded on an annual basis. Activities include building regional and product sales territory plans, hiring of new staff, implementation of approved sales programs, assisting in the development of annual sales compensation plans, onsite presentation and demonstration of OCLC Services, and collaboration with OCLC staff to insure appropriate sales efforts are developed and executed. Due to the nature of this position extensive travel is required (i.e., 60 – 80% of the time).
The Regional Manager – Special Sales will work closely with OCLC sales management, library services consultants, product management staff, order processing staff, and OCLC Partners to:
* Exceed sales and revenue goals by sales region and assigned products.
* Assist in the implementation and ongoing use of the Challenger Sales Methodology.
* Lead a team of 5-10 Library Service Consultants – Special Sales that focus on named OCLC services.
* Incorporate ongoing team training that enables staff to stay current on library trends, new services, and updated sales techniques.
* Create annual sales plan for assigned region and services.
* Develop strong, ongoing relationships with defined strategic libraries.
* Convey market feedback and strategy to OCLC Marketing and Product Management to assist in the development of product roadmaps.
* Minimum of five years in a sales management role in a library or publishing related field where excellent performance in the activities noted above has been demonstrated.
* Extensive understanding of library technical services.
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Excellent leadership, team, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
* Prior experience with the Challenger Sales Methodology is a plus.
* MLS or MBA with experience in the information industry or with library automation is a plus.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/s2jpkhn