Details or description:
Notice No. FY-7531
Job Title Reference Librarian & Evening/Weekend Supervisor (Instructor or Assistant Professor)
Date Posted 02/04/13
Closing Date Until Filled
Position Detail Open until filled, with review of applications to begin April 1st.
FLSA Status Exempt
Compensation Instructor: $39,399 – $45,138 Assistant Professor: $42,873 – $46,302 Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Description and Duties:
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The City College Library is seeking a creative, energetic and self-motivated Instructor or Assistant Professor to provide library services as a Reference Librarian. Reporting directly to the Head of Reference, responsibilities include the following:
– Provide reference service and assistance.
– Teach in the library’s information literacy program.
– Perform collection development duties in assigned subject areas.
– Develop web site content in assigned areas.
– Develop user education materialsand other projects as assigned.
– Manage and supervise facility and staff during evenings and weekends.
– Represent the City College Libraries in library, college and university venues.
Qualifications and Requirements:
ALA accredited MLS required for hiring; demonstrated competence in using integrated library systems. For appointment at the Assistant Professor rank, a second master’s degree is required. Ability to meet the responsibilities and requirements of a tenure-track appointment including research, publishing, and involvement in professional organizations.
Preferred: One year of academic library reference experience, preferably in an urban multicultural setting; proficiency in the use of electronic information resources and library technology; dynamic service delivery; ability to provide information literacy instruction; bilingual, English-Spanish. The successful candidate will possess superior written and oral communication skills, and will be energetic, flexible, and able to interact successfully with a broad clientele both inside and outside the institution. Availability to work an evening and weekend schedule is a must.
Submit your application online (Job Opening ID 7531) at www.cuny.edu
– Go to www.cuny.edu and click on “Employment”
– Click “Search job listings”
– Click on “More options to search for CUNY jobs”- Search by Job Opening ID number
– Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions.
In addition to applying online, applicants should submit a current vita and three letters of recommendation to:
Assoc. Dean Pamela Gillespie
The City College of New York
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031