LIM College – Where Business Meets Fashion is currently seeking candidates for the position of Reference & Instruction Librarian.
LIM College educates students for success in the global business of fashion and its many related industries. Located in midtown Manhattan – the fashion capital of the world – and devoted exclusively to the study of business and fashion, LIM College fosters a unique connection between real-world experience and academic study in business principles. Undergraduate students may major in Fashion Merchandising, International Business, Management, Marketing or Visual Merchandising. At the graduate level, LIM College offers an MBA program as well as MPS programs in Fashion Marketing, Fashion Merchandising & Retail Management, Global Fashion Supply Chain Management, and Visual Merchandising.
The Reference & Instruction Librarian provides the students and faculty with research assistance in a variety of formats. Responsible for creating support materials for students and teaching library instructional classes in close collaboration with instructors. The librarian participates in college-wide programs and represents the library in an effective and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
REFERENCE, INSTRUCTION, AND OUTREACH:
• Provide library research assistance to students in both graduate and undergraduate schools, teaching the proper use of print and online research tools
• Develop, teach, and conduct a variety of classes both in-person and online, emphasizing online searching of both the catalog and electronic resources
• Lead information literacy instruction including the teaching of 50 to 70 instruction sessions per semester, meeting with faculty to determine research component of individual class assignments, and having both knowledge of and experience with ACRL’s Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education as a tool of instruction and assessment
• Knowledge and creation of support materials including Camtasia-created tutorials and LibGuides
• Investigate emerging technologies to enhance existing reference services and resources in a variety of formats (chat reference, online tutorials etc.…)
• Stay abreast of trends in library management, technology, reference service and information literacy through active participation in local and national associations, conferences, and relevant list-servs
• Serves as a liaison to library colleagues through sharing of relevant information from professional activities
• Coordinate chat reference schedule and
• Incorporate appropriate technology into all contexts of reference services
• Oversee the reorganization and deaccessioning of books, magazines and newspapers
• Update marketing/promotional materials in all formats
• Review, evaluate, and advise on the acquisition of library materials, especially those relevant to reference and instruction
• Liaise with publishers, collection vendors, database vendors and libraries
• Liaise with faculty and department chairs for acquisition requests
• With the support of a committee of librarians and faculty, administer LIM College’s annual conference, Fashion: Now & Then
• Organize, lead and maintain library’s social media presence through Twitter account, library blog and HootSuite
• Occasional circulation support
MANAGEMENT/ADMINISTRATION AS NEEDED:
• Develop content, look, and interactivity of research support materials including LibGuides and Camtasia-generated tutorials
• Provide necessary information to be used in updating the library component of the college’s website
• Help develop policy guidelines for library reference processes and procedures in conjunction with colleagues(i.e.: Collection Development)
• Serve and actively contribute to college-wide committees.
• As needed, assists the Director with the preparation of the yearly budget and quarterly department reports, end of term reports, and updates for the Board of Trustees
• As needed, assist the Director with accumulation and analysis of statistical information relevant to library outcomes in information literacy, outreach and collection development.
• Some oversight of student aides in absence of the Director
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Library Services
REQUIREMENTS: The person selected will have the following qualifications:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• A master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program is required.
• Candidates should be knowledgeable about and interested in business and fashion.
• At least two (2) years’ experience providing instruction and research services, preferably in an academic setting.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, Electronic Databases, LibGuides, Camtasia. Clear writing ability and knowledge of trends and changes in academic libraries
• A second master’s degree is preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hmf4zyjb66