The Public Services & Outreach Librarian reports to the Head Librarian of the Pollack Library and shares supervisory, administrative and management responsibilities for the instructional and outreach dimensions of library services. The Public Services & Outreach Librarian shares supervisory, administrative and management responsibilities for the instructional and outreach dimensions of library services. The Public Services & Outreach Librarian oversees selected services and programs for the Wilf and Beren Campus libraries.
- Oversees the development and implementation of a comprehensive set of information competency initiatives for the University Libraries: establishes goals in concert with members of the library administrative and professional staff, with input from faculty; works with faculty members and librarians on the development of information literacy modules.
- Develops and delivers curriculum-integrated research and information classes; participates in evaluation and assessment of the instruction program; promotes information literacy among faculty and students.
- Provides foundational and in-depth research consultations and other assistance in effective information-seeking in person, both by appointment and on a walk-in basis; online through email and the Library’s ASK and texting services; over the telephone.
- Develops innovative approaches to enhance overall campus engagement with library services by cultivating relationships with user communities.
- Creates online research guides for specific disciplines, research methods and courses.
- Follows the professional literature and developments in the profession, and applies them as appropriate to the University context.
- Participates in professional activities, such as committee service, publishing, and presentations.
- Supervises the Pollack Library during evening hours and oversees evening staff. Manages the Pollack Library in the absence of the Head Librarian.
- May serve as liaison to one or more departments or disciplines, ensuring that faculty research and teaching support needs are met.
Monday – Thursday, 11:30 AM – 9:00 PM (2 days); 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM (2 days).
Experience and Educational Background
- Master’s degree in information or library science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Four years of library experience in public services, preferably in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated success implementing innovative outreach and instruction programs at multiple levels in a higher education setting.
- Relevant teaching experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills.
- Administrative and time-management skills.
- The ability to engage students and to contribute positively to a collegial environment.
- Strategic thinking, strong problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Please submit letter of interest and résumé as one file.