Seeking an experienced P/T Librarian with strong reference, instruction and technology skills. English Literature/Humanities background highly preferred. Prime candidates will be passionate about information literacy and have the desire and demonstrated ability to work with and teach a diverse student population in both virtual and physical reference environments, and classroom settings. PT librarians are an integral part of the library team and Mercy mission, playing a key role in educating students on the use of all library resources and in developing student research skills for academic success and life-long learning. A collaborative and entrepreneurial mind-set combined with a service excellence and team orientation is essential. Candidates with schedule flexibility and availability on nights and weekends will receive highest consideration. Position will be based at Bronx and Dobbs Ferry campuses. Candidate must be willing to travel between the two campuses for instruction as needed.
• Provide traditional print and electronic reference services (including online, chat, virtual and text reference) to students and patrons.
• Instruct library patrons in searching print and electronic information resources effectively including the online catalog, subject databases and research guides.
• Provide library instruction and other information literacy-related workshops as needed.
• Assist patrons with basic technology issues in the library, including use of computers, printers, laptops, software and other issues.
• Collaborate with academic and non-academic units as needed, such as Learning Center
• Assist with planning and organizing library programs and student activities and events.
• Assist the library in activities and projects related to instruction and assessment.
• Perform other duties as needed, including occasional back-up for circulation
• Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Additional English Literature subject master’s preferred.
• Academic library experience preferred.
• Excellent office technology, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with and experience with reference and public service within a digital and web environment.
To Apply: https://jobs.mercy.edu/postings/3357