About SUNY Maritime College:
SUNY Maritime College located on a 55-acre scenic waterfront property on the outskirts of New York City on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long Island Sound. The campus blends the best of two worlds: a comfortable college-town feel with the greatest city in the world. An impressive view of the sound extends toward the North Atlantic, yet only a few miles away are Yankee Stadium and midtown Manhattan. SUNY Maritime offers an array of employment opportunities stemming from entry level to professional positions which encourage growth and development among its employees.
Provide reference service to the Maritime College Community; perform other duties/special projects as assigned.
• Provide reference service to students, faculty, staff and the general public
• Provide circulation assistance as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• ALA-accredited MLS degree
• One year reference experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Experience in an academic library setting
• Knowledge of emerging library technologies
Classification/Salary Range: The Part-time Reference Librarian position is a United University Professions position. The anticipated salary is $20 per hour. Review of application will commence immediately and conclude when position is filled.
Special Notes: This is a part-time college year (August – May) appointment UUP position. FLSA non-exempt position, that is, eligible for overtime monies. This position is for 20 hours per week during regular daytime operating hours.
Internal and external posting to occur simultaneously
Budget Title: Assistant Librarian
Line Item#: 00390
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at http://maritime.
• Cover letter.
• Contact information for three professional references.
Returning Applicants – Login to your SUNY Maritime Careers Account to check your completed application, check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.