Seeking a skilled P/T Librarian with strong technology and reference skills. Prime candidates should be advocates for the utilization of online resources and mobile technologies for educational purposes. This person will play a key role in educating our patrons in the utilization of library and web services. A flexible schedule is essential, as well as availability on nights and weekends.
• Provide traditional and electronic reference services (including virtual and text reference to students, faculty, administrators, and community library users). Schedule includes weekends, some evenings, and some holidays.
• Instruct library patrons in searching print sources and electronic information resources effectively including online catalog and subject databases.
• May provide library Instruction classes and other workshops as needed.
• Act as backup for evening/weekend supervisor for student workers as needed.
• Provide on-site and on-line reference and instruction to students, faculty and staff.
• Collaborate with academic and non-academic units that support the undergraduate experience.
• Assist with planning and organizing library programs and student activities and events.
• Explore and assist in implementing technologies and tools related to instruction and assessment.
• Perform other professional duties as requested.
• Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Additional subject master’s preferred.
• Academic library experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with and experience with reference and public service within a digital and web environment.
• Supervisory experience desirable.
Mustafa Sakarya, Library Director