2016 New York Archives Week
Symposium: Politics & Archives
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2016
Location: Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
Registration is now open for the Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (ART) Symposium: Politics & Archives. This one-day symposium will be co-sponsored by the Center for Jewish History (CJH).
The symposium will focus on presentations and panel discussions, interviews, studies, strategies, research, analyses, and use studies, with the aim of bringing together archivists, industry experts, records managers, librarians, museum professionals, professors, scholars, academic researchers, and the general public.
Presentation themes will include the following:
- Women’s suffrage
- Voter enfranchisement or disenfranchisement
- Voter registration, voting zones
- Polling records
- Political advertising
- Municipal, city, borough, and state government records
- Political agitation and protests
- The intersection of labor and politics
- Media coverage of elections
- What sorts of records are made confidential and why?
- Freedom of Information Act requests and confidential records
- What sorts of political records are used and how have they been re-purposed?
Please click here for a PDF of the Call for Participation.
Please click here to register for this event on the A.R.T. website.
The symposium schedule will be posted soon.
Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (A.R.T.)