The Eastern Washington University Libraries invites applications for a Metadata Librarian (Librarian II or III). The position has professional responsibilities in librarianship, scholarship, and service. Responsibilities in librarianship focus on developing and maintaining the discovery engine used to find library resources; activities in cataloging, classification, and metadata creation for library resources; participating in production of archival digital collections and microfilm preservation; guiding the selection and use of metadata schemas, controlled vocabularies, and data dictionaries to facilitate use of digital collections and institutional repository as these develop; communicating and consulting with others about the organization, description, and discovery of library resources; and coordinating physical processing of tangible resources. This is a 100% 11-months per year tenure-track library faculty position. Workload includes: 80% responsibilities in librarianship, including metadata, cataloging, and bibliographic control and coordination of staff and processing operations; 20% service and professional development including research and publication.
Position is open until further notice; screening will begin 12/1/2011. To be assured full consideration, your application must be complete and submitted through the online portal by the screening date. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
• Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program or comparable accredited foreign program
• At least three years of successful professional library experience
• Knowledge of and experience in use of current and emerging cataloging standards, including RDA, AACR, LCCS, LCSH, OCLC Bibliographic Input Standards, etc.
• Experience in cataloging library resources in a variety of formats
• Knowledge of and experience in use of MARC; knowledge of a minimum of one other metadata standard, such as such as DC, CCO, DACS, DCRM(B), EAD, METS, MODS, VRA, CCO, etc.
• Demonstrated success in managing personnel and operations in cataloging/metadata functions
• Demonstrated high level of written and oral communication, organizational, problem-solving and planning skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of faculty, staff, and clients
• Ability, during the probationary period, to meet library faculty requirements for tenure in the areas of scholarship and service, as defined in Library Faculty Policies & Procedures
• Commitment to excellence in bibliographic control and discovery of library resources
• Commitment to excellence in services to students, faculty, and staff
• Active participation in professional dialogue and contribution to academic librarianship, through participation in professional associations, publication, etc.
• Demonstrated initiative in investigating new ideas and implementing change, to improve access to library collections.
• Knowledge of ContentDM or comparable system.
• Knowledge of one or more digital repository systems.
• Knowledge of additional metadata standards.
• Successful experience in staff training, position design, workflow design, and other management and supervisory functions.
Apply Here: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu