Job Title: Library Specialist – Resource Sharing Services
Job ID: 5114
Location: Baruch College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Administers one or more aspects of Library operations and coordinates Library services.
– Assists faculty, students, and librarians to evaluate their needs and locate appropriate materials on a timely basis
– Participates in developing collections and acquiring materials in all formats and media
– Reviews Library usage patterns and makes recommendations regarding services; plans and conducts training and outreach activities
– Assists in developing and monitoring Library policies and user service standards
– May oversee a Library unit such as Circulation, Cataloguing, User Services, Reserve, Stack Maintenance, Reference, and Acquisitions – Supervises and/or trains staff, students, and others assigned to the Library
– Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Library Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Resource Sharing Services Specialist has responsibility for interlibrary loan, document delivery, and resource sharing activities with other institutions. The position involves workflow and project management as well as collaborative work in a fast-paced environment.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ related experience required; MLS degree or Master’s in a related field may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
Library experience including experience with Aleph, ILLiad, Ariel, Odyssey, or DOCLINE preferred.
$42,873 – $64,956; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must provide a resume and cover letter. To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, select “Employment”, and “Search Job Listing”. You will be prompted to create an account. Return to this job listing using the “Job Search” page and select “Apply Now”.
January 13, 2012
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.