Founded in 1967, OCLC is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world’s information and reducing library costs. More than 72,000 libraries in over 171 countries have used OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend, preserve and manage library materials. Researchers, students, faculty, scholars, professional librarians and other information seekers use OCLC services to obtain bibliographic, abstract and full-text information when and where they need it. OCLC and its members libraries cooperatively produce and maintain WorldCat, the world’s largest online database for discovery of library resources. Search WorldCat on the Web at www.worldcat.org. For more information, visit www.oclc.org.
The Library Services Consultant is responsible for marketing and sales of specific OCLC products and services to medium to large individual institution accounts, including strategic academic and public libraries within an assigned geographic territory. The Library Services Consultant will participate in team selling to groups and consortia usually of single type (all academic libraries group, all public libraries group, etc.).
The primary focus of the Library Services Consultant is achieving and surpassing sales goals established for each fiscal year by account and/or product. Activities include direct field sales to libraries and work with OCLC-affiliated regional network staff to insure appropriate sales efforts are developed and executed. The Library Services Consultant is responsible for the relationship with the account from initial contact through the development of the account for long-term mutual benefit to the account, OCLC, and the network. Due to the nature of this position extensive travel is required (i.e., 60 – 80% of the time).
The Library Service Consultant –Research Libraries is responsible for field sales and will work closely with the Executive Director, US Library Services, library services consultants, product management staff, order processing staff, and OCLC-affiliated Partners representatives to:
Develop sales plans, regional and within a territory
• Execute sales and promotional plans through direct field sales efforts (usually 250-300 accounts within an assigned geographical region (one state or more)
• Responsible for in-depth knowledge of library automation, library workflow, OCLC product and services, applications of the products and services, product line potential, and customers of the library or group (end-users).
• Develops territory plans/presentations by account type and by product line for use in sales to both the “decision-makers” and “operational” staff in prospect organizations.
• Works with team members in Library Services U.S. Division, other OCLC divisions, and OCLC Partners to facilitate communication and implementation of sales/marketing activities. This includes participation in marketing communications activities for assigned products and services, such as advertising, brochures, direct mail, news releases and newsletter articles.
• Communicates results and findings from sales calls, conferences, and meetings through established reporting mechanisms in order to contribute to market research and product development.
• Close sales – typical sales goals are in the range of $15 million per year for the full array of OCLC services (excluding Dewey and Preservation Resources)
• Establish and maintain relationships with regional networks, libraries and groups.
• Position requires a minimum of three years’ experience as outside sales representative in the information industry or with library automation.
• Ability to manage complex sales cycles.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Prior team selling experience
• Demonstrated experience at making presentations to large groups.
• Self-motivated; self-starter; able to work from home.
• Library sales experience strongly preferred.
• MLS or MBA with experience in the information industry or with library automation is a plus.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/