Founded in 1967, OCLC is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world’s information and reducing library costs. More than 72,000 libraries in over 171 countries have used OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend, preserve and manage library materials. Researchers, students, faculty, scholars, professional librarians and other information seekers use OCLC services to obtain bibliographic, abstract and full-text information when and where they need it. OCLC and its members libraries cooperatively produce and maintain WorldCat, the world’s largest online database for discovery of library resources. Search WorldCat on the Web at www.worldcat.org. For more information, visit www.oclc.org.
We are currently seeking a Library Services Consultant – Metadata to join our Special Sales Team.
The Library Services Consultant – Metadata is responsible for marketing and sales of OCLC metadata products and services to libraries in a defined geographic region. The primary focus of the Library Services Consultant – Metadata is achieving and surpassing sales goals established for each fiscal year by Member and/or product. Activities include field sales to libraries, including onsite presentation and demonstration of OCLC Services, and collaboration with OCLC Partner staff to insure appropriate sales efforts are developed and executed. The Library Services Consultant – Metadata is responsible for the relationship with the Member from initial contact through long-term mutual partnership between the Member, OCLC, and the OCLC Partner. Due to the nature of this position extensive travel is required (i.e., 60 – 80% of the time).
The Library Services Consultant- Metadata is responsible for field sales and will work closely with OCLC sales management, library services consultants, product management staff, order processing staff, and OCLC Partners to:
* Develop and execute sales and promotional plans through direct field sales efforts within an assigned region
* Develop and maintain an active pipeline to support sales goals
* Use the Challenger Sales Methodology to exceed sales and revenue targets.
* Assist OCLC Marketing and Communications to develop relevant collateral for OCLC metadata services.
* Maintain strong relationships with OCLC Members, prospective Members, and OCLC Partners.
* Develop and maintain specialized and in-depth knowledge of OCLC metadata products and services, including an understanding of the interrelationships of all OCLC services.
* Position requires a minimum of three years’ experience as outside sales representative in the information industry or with library automation and extensive understanding of library technical services.
* Ability to manage complex sales cycles.
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
* Prior team selling experience
* Demonstrated experience at making presentations to large groups.
* Self-motivated; self-starter; able to work from home.
* Library sales experience strongly preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qdxr8jm