ARTstor, a technology-based nonprofit in the arts and humanities, seeks a Library Relations Associate.
ARTstor is a rapid-paced, innovative organization that utilizes technology to meet the needs of educational and cultural institutions worldwide. Within this broad mission, ARTstor makes available the ARTstor Digital Library, with more than 1.6 million images in the arts and humanities for use in teaching and research. ARTstor also offers Shared Shelf, a cloud-based (SaaS), hosted media management platform with related tools and services to help educational and cultural institutions create, manage and share their media collections online.
The Library Relations Associate will share responsibility for expanding Shared Shelf participation within the academia community. The ARTstor community of potential participants consists of nonprofits in the United States and other countries. This position will require some travel (approx. 40%), and will demand a self-motivated, flexible, organized team player who thrives in an environment of constant change. The Library Relations Associate will report directly to the Associate Director for Library Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Taking direction from the Associate Director, works to meet and exceed participation and revenue goals on an annual basis;
• Communicating Shared Shelf’s mission, messages, and participation fee rationale to potential participants;
• Identifying and following through with new participation opportunities in the academic community;
• Facilitating participation in Shared Shelf at the institutional level by demonstrating ARTstor and Shared Shelf, the various services and tools, and providing librarians and faculty members with useful information and strategies for promoting Shared Shelf as a campus-wide resource and platform;
• Shepherding potential participants through the sales pipeline, including:
o Responding, via email, telephone and sales visits, to participation inquiries
o Tracking contact information and “pipeline” status in our customer relationship management software
o Negotiating basic terms of License Agreements
o Working with other units to establish institutional access to Shared Shelf
o Giving remote demonstrations of Shared Shelf via GoToMeeting or other live conference software
o Setting up and managing trial access for interested institutions
o Billing and invoicing
• Representing ARTstor at conferences and other events deemed appropriate for this community;
• Working closely with the Associate Director and other Library Relations team members on research projects, including market research;
• Assisting with updating and maintaining the customer relationship management tool;
• Contributing to internal reports;
• Participating in all Library Relations and ARTstor staff meetings;
• Keeping up-to-date on various ARTstor initiatives and Shared Shelf developments and being able to communicate these initiatives to potential participants;
• Additional special projects as assigned by the Associate Director and other senior staff members.
• 3-4 years of experience working with the library community, in an academic library, or web/software development fields.
• Strong technology skills, including familiarity with workflow solutions, metadata structures, trends and web development as well as project management experience.
• Excellent communication skills in a variety of settings.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work well as a team member.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to perform independently, be self-motivated, adapt to constant change and able to juggle multiple tasks with a positive attitude.
• Strong commitment and interest in the use of images in an educational setting.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Familiarity with Shared Shelf and/or the ARTstor Digital Library.
• Art, art history, architectural, library, or sales background.
• Business development, account management, marketing, and/or academic library experience.
• Working knowledge of media management software and database technology.
• Experience with customer relationship management software (Talisma, Sales Force or other).
ARTstor is an equal opportunity employer. ARTstor offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements along with a resume to: email@example.com