Artstor is a nonprofit organization that assembles and makes available a Digital Library of images and associated data for noncommercial educational and scholarly uses, and an image management platform called Shared Shelf. The Digital Library and Shared Shelf are made available online through site licenses with educational and other nonprofit institutions. Artstor is headquartered in New York, NY.
The Library Relations Associate will share responsibility for expanding and supporting Artstor Digital Library participation, particularly within the K-12 school community in the United States and other countries. Artstor is introducing new resources for the Advanced Placement Art History curriculum and to enhance classroom teaching, and the Associate will collaborate with Artstor’s Senior K-12 Relationship Manager to support these initiatives. This position will require some travel (25%), and will demand a self-motivated, flexible, organized team player who thrives in an environment of constant change.
The LR Associate will report directly to the Director for Library Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working to meet and exceed subscription goals on an annual basis;
• Communicating Artstor’s mission, messages, and subscription fee rationale to potential K-12 participants;
• Identifying and managing new participation opportunities in the K-12 community;
• Facilitating subscription at the institution and district levels by demonstrating the Artstor Digital Library, its services and tools, and providing librarians and instructors with useful information and strategies for promoting Artstor as a school-wide resource;
• Shepherding potential subscribers through the sales pipeline, including:
o Responding, via email and telephone, to subscription inquiries via the Artstor website
o Tracking contact information and “pipeline” status in our customer relationship management software
o Negotiating basic terms of License Agreements
o Working with other units to establish institutional access to the Artstor Digital Library
o Giving remote demonstrations of Artstor via GoToMeeting or other live conference software
o Setting up trial access for interested institutions
• Representing Artstor at conferences and other events deemed appropriate for this community;
• Assisting with updating and maintaining the customer relationship management database;
• Liaising with User Services to enhance support of current K-12 subscribers;
• Contributing to internal reports;
• Keeping up-to-date on various Artstor initiatives and developments and being able to communicate these initiatives to potential K-12 participants;
• Additional special projects as assigned by the Director, Senior K-12 Relationship Manager, and other senior staff members.
• Excellent communication skills in a variety of settings;
• Attention to detail and accuracy;
• Ability to work well as a team member;
• Strong technology skills, including familiarity with trends in web development as well as project management experience;
• Exceptional organizational skills;
• Ability to perform independently, be self-motivated, adapt to constant change and able to juggle multiple tasks with a positive attitude;
• Strong commitment and interest in the use of images in a K-12 setting;
• Bachelor’s Degree;
• 2-3 years of experience in K-12 educational field.
• Familiarity with the Artstor Digital Library;
• Arts and humanities background;
• Sales, business development, marketing, and/or academic library experience;
• Working knowledge of image database technology;
• Experience with customer relationship management software (Talisma, SalesForce or other);
• Master’s Degree.
Artstor offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements along with a resume to: email@example.com.
Artstor is an equal opportunity employer.