About SUNY Maritime College:
SUNY Maritime College located on a 55-acre scenic waterfront property on the outskirts of New York City on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long Island Sound. The campus blends the best of two worlds: a comfortable college-town feel with the greatest city in the world. An impressive view of the sound extends toward the North Atlantic, yet only a few miles away are Yankee Stadium and midtown Manhattan. SUNY Maritime offers an array of employment opportunities stemming from entry level to professional positions which encourage growth and development among its employees.
The Library Director is responsible for leading, coordinating and managing all aspects of library resources and services in support of academic programs and the scholarly and intellectual needs of students, faculty, and the Maritime College community. The Library is an academic department and the Director reports to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs.
The candidate will possess demonstrated leadership qualities and knowledge of the changing environment in academic libraries, especially with emerging library technologies. The Director will formulate goals, policies, and procedures with approval of the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs and administer and oversee library budgets and staff. In addition, the Library Director will represent both the library and faculty on official College committees, task forces and designated bodies, advise the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs on library and library related matters, and represent the college on area, state, and national library and technical groups and at related meetings.
• Develops, improves, and continuously evaluates the Library’s programs and services to align with the College’s strategic plan in order to further the College’s mission and vision
• Plans and implements the Library budget. Manage resources necessary for efficient library operations in consultation with the Provost
• Builds strong relationships with other academic departments. Collaborates with faculty to assess and improve Library services and collections to meet the needs of students and faculty
• Assesses and evaluates Library programs and services in meeting the needs of the College and accreditation standards
• Works closely with Office of Development on external funding opportunities, acquisition of special and archival collections, and development of grants. Establishes and maintains a cooperative working relationship with other institutions, including institutions in the maritime industry
• Supervises librarians and library staff, including recruiting, training, mentoring, evaluating, scheduling and promoting professional development
• Assists and supports library staff in providing Reference, Library Instruction, Collection Development, Access services and Archival services
• Serves on College and University committees and represent the Library on statewide committees
• Manages and maintains the Library’s facilities to ensure an optimal environment
• Master’s degree in Library Science
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in an academic library with a minimum of 3 to 4 years of management experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of library operations
• Ability to manage and direct staff support of library functions
• Experience with assessing library services and measuring outcomes
• Ability to understand and clearly communicate policies and procedures
• Working knowledge on using technologies to provide and enhance library services, including knowledge of online research resources, integrated library management systems, and instructional technologies
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Advanced degree in another academic discipline
Classification/Salary Range: The Library Director is a United University Professions (UUP) position. The anticipated salary range for this position is $85,000 to $95,000 annually, with an outstanding benefits package. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications to commence immediately and conclude when position is filled.
Special Notes: This is a full-time calendar year appointment UUP position. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external posting to occur simultaneously.
Budget Title: Librarian
Local Title: Library Director
Line Item#: 00401
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our full non-discrimination statement, see: http://www.sunymaritime.edu/
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
• Cover letter including salary requirements
• Contact information for three professional references
Returning Applicants – Login to your SUNY Maritime Careers Account to check your completed application, check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/