Stephen B. Luce Library at SUNY Maritime College in the Throggs Neck section of the Bronx is seeking a Library Director. This search has been reopened with a revised description. For details please see below. Details and application instructions are also available at https://interviewexchange.com/
The Stephen B. Luce Library of SUNY Maritime College invites applicants for the position of Librarian/Library Director.
The Library Director is responsible for leading, coordinating and managing all aspects of library resources and services in support of academic programs and the scholarly and intellectual needs of students, faculty, and the Maritime College community. The Library is an academic department and the Director reports to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs.
The candidate will possess demonstrated leadership qualities and knowledge of the changing environment in academic libraries, especially with emerging library technologies. The Director will formulate goals, policies, and procedures with approval of the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs and administer and oversee library budgets and staff. In addition, the Library Director will represent both the library and faculty on official College committees, task forces and designated bodies, advise the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs on library and library related matters, and represent the college on area, state, and national library and technical groups and at related meetings.
• Develops, improves, and continuously evaluates the Library’s programs and services to align with the College’s strategic plan in order to further the College’s mission and vision
• Plans and implements the Library budget. Manage resources necessary for efficient library operations in consultation with the Provost
• Builds strong relationships with other academic departments Collaborates with faculty to assess and improve Library services and collections to meet the needs of students and faculty
• Assesses and evaluates Library programs and services in meeting the needs of the College and accreditation standards
• Works closely with Office of Development on external funding opportunities, acquisition of special and archival collections, and development of grants. Establishes and maintains a cooperative working relationship with other institutions, including institutions in the maritime industry
• Supervises librarians and library staff, including recruiting, training, mentoring, evaluating, scheduling and promoting professional development
• Assists and supports library staff in providing Reference, Library Instruction, Collection Development, Access services and Archival services
• Serves on College and University committees and represent the Library on statewide committees
• Manages and maintains the Library’s facilities to ensure an optimal environment
• Master’s degree in Library Science
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in an academic library with a minimum of 3 to 4 years of management experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of library operations
• Ability to manage and direct staff support of library functions
• Experience with assessing library services and measuring outcomes
• Ability to understand and clearly communicate policies and procedures
• Working knowledge on using technologies to provide and enhance library services, including knowledge of online research resources, integrated library
management systems, and instructional technologies
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Advanced degree in another academic discipline
Classification/Salary Range: The Library Director is a United University Professions (UUP) position. Review of application to commence immediately. The anticipated salary range for this position is $85,000 to $95,000 annually, with an outstanding benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Special Notes: This is a full-time calendar year appointment UUP position. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external posting to occur simultaneously.
Budget Title: Librarian
Line Item#: 00401
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
• Cover letter including salary requirements
• Contact information for three professional references
Returning Applicants – Login to your SUNY Maritime Careers Account to check your completed application, check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents