Reporting to the Dean of University Libraries, the Coordinator of Instructional Services leads the Adelphi Libraries’ Instruction Program and promotes the advancement and integration of information literacy across the curriculum. The successful candidate will work closely with librarians, teaching faculty, and campus partners to provide students with opportunities to attain information literacy skills necessary for academic success and life-long learning.
- Chair the Instructional Services & User Education Committee (ISUE)
- Provide leadership for the advancement of the university’s Information Literacy learning goal for all the AU Libraries and support library initiatives to integrate information literacy into the curriculum.
- Develop program goals, curricula (including credit-based courses) and explore new instructional theories and pedagogical practices.
- Partner and seek connections with academic and non-academic offices and departments to identify and address library instruction needs and opportunities.
- Work with library faculty to improve student learning related to library research and develop effective instructional sessions.
- With the Digital Learning and Instruction Librarian, and support from the Senior Instructional Media Services Specialist, coordinate the creation and maintenance of instructional web pages, tutorials, videos, handouts, and other learning objects.
- Oversee daily operations of Instruction Program at the Garden City campus, such as scheduling of classrooms, communication with classroom faculty.
- Conduct needs assessments, assess instructional outcomes, report on the impact of library instructional initiatives and prepare statistical reports.
- Work with the Outreach and Promotion Librarian to coordinate marketing and publicity related to Instruction Program events and initiatives.
- Maintain current awareness of and share expertise on teaching pedagogy, instructional technologies, information literacy, and assessment.
- Participate in reference service and liaison with one or more departments or schools.
Represent the Libraries to other groups around campus and the region; serve on University and Library committees; participate in professional associations and bodies; participate in scholarly and professional activities including research and publishing required for reappointment, tenure and promotion.
This is a tenure-track library faculty position. Applicants must hold a master’s degree from an ALA accredited school of library/information science. A second post-baccalaureate degree or similar proof of advanced study is highly preferred and is required for promotion to the rank of Associate Professor and for tenure. Applicants must possess excellent supervisory, interpersonal, and communications skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a collegial environment. Applicants must demonstrate evidence of ability to meet criteria for promotion and tenure.
Applicants must have experience as a librarian in an academic or research library, experience with instructional design concepts, teaching experience, and effective planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Experience with team leadership, assessment of instruction and student learning outcomes, teaching in a variety of settings, including physical and virtual environments, and library public service experience.
- Knowledge of information literacy competency standards and practical applications.
- Ability to use emerging technologies effectively to deliver information literacy instruction.
Visit the website: http://hr.adelphi.edu/position-openings/