Position Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as the administrative lead for the School of Mathematics/Natural Sciences Library (90%)
- Maintain and supervise the overall operations of the libraries in Fuld and Bloomberg Hall and the basement of the HS/SS
- Library to ensure the continued and immediate access of faculty to various books and journals.
- Work with the Faculty on determining matters of policy and their implementation.
- Manages the library staff and budget to ensure optimal operating efficiency and overall cost-effectiveness of library operations and activities.
- Provides leadership and guidance to library staff, assigns work activities, provides feedback regarding individual performance, etc.
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with surrounding libraries to promote the sharing of resources and access to available library materials.
- Order all books and journals and input all acquisition data into Horizon database.
- Approve payments and process for all invoices relating to library purchases and services.
- Catalog all books and journals using OCLC and import these records in to the Institute’s online catalog.
- Responsible for collection development with the help of Faculty.
- Read book reviews, publisher announcements, bibliographies and various catalogs in print and online to keep up with the current literature.
- Help members and faculty in their research using various online tools to find cited journal articles preprints and books.
- Help to maintain and update web-related resources.
- Collect all required books for the annual Program for Women and Mathematics, Program in Theoretical Physics and for IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute and arrange for books to be shipped to Utah.
- Stays abreast of current developments in physics and mathematics librarianship through active participation in appropriate professional organizations.
- Perform related clerical duties such as shelving books, filing, as needed.
All other duties as assigned by the Library Committee (10%)
Minimum and Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, preferably in the Sciences.
- Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS) or MLIS strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7-years of related experience, preferably in a research or academic library setting. Previous experience in academia strongly preferred.
- Cataloging experience with OCLC preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiarity with academic library resources preferred.
Interested candidates please apply to the position at: https://www.appone.com/