Committed to educating the next generation of leaders and to inspiring innovation and advancing entrepreneurship, NYIT enrolls approximately 10,000 students on campuses in North America, China and the Middle East. As a forward-thinking institution NYIT has pioneered educational practices to serve student needs since 1955. NYIT offers 90 undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in 50 fields of study and is home to students from more than 100 countries and from 50 states. Its seven schools and colleges include: School of Architecture and Design; College of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences; School of Health Professions; School of Management; College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the newly formed School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Education.
NYIT seeks an evening Reference Librarian to work at our Manhattan campus. Reporting to the Director of Branch Services, the Librarian will manage and maintain working order of library, during the evenings as the solo evening reference librarian.
• Provide bibliographic instruction in a classroom and workshop setting
• Provide reference service to students, faculty and staff through one-on-one consultations utilizing both in house and out-of-house resources (i.e. metro referral, and ILL)
• Maintain and oversee the periodical collection, through ordering, reviewing and binding
• Support and enhance student and faculty research through, creation of online and print research guides on general and specific subject area
• Assist with collection development by suggesting and evaluating print and electronic resources through Gobi Database
• Hire, supervise, schedule and train student workers
• Supervise and train Library Assistants
• Assist at the circulation desk
• Troubleshoots computers/printers
• Assist at the Innovation Labs
• Participate in a variety of Committees
• Other duties as assigned
Hours: Monday–Friday 2pm-10pm
MLS or MLIS required from an accredited program.
Knowledge of databases in various subjects.
Library instruction in an academic library preferred.
Experience with SIRSI, photoshop and latest library technology preferred
Excellent written and communication skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of team in a rapidly changing environment.
Ability to be flexible and change responsibilities and duties
2 to 3 years’ academic experience preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including tuition remission, along with a professional environment designed to enhance your career development.
Please apply to:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability