Librarian I – Access Services
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) is a non-profit independent, private institution of higher education with more than 12,000 students worldwide. Offering 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, NYIT has conscientiously followed its mission of providing career-oriented professional education. Its academic programs prepare students for some of the most in-demand careers in today’s global economy, in areas including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and osteopathic medicine.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to
• Supervises and coordinates services including circulations, reserves, ILL, stack maintenance.
• Provides reference in person, virtual and library instruction sessions.
• Participates in managerial support activities and runs reports as needed.
• Perform liaison duties to central cataloging.
• Participates in collection development; and in various committees.
• Supervise staff and represent the library in the absence of the supervisor.
• Assist in policy development and continuous improvement in the areas of circulation, reserves, inter library loan and building operations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Some nights and weekends as required by the department. Position located at NYIT Manhattan Campus
• Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS) or Library Information Studies (MLIS) from an accredited Institution.
• Excellent communication, computer and interpersonal skills
• Experience supervising full time clerical assistants and part time student workers.
• 2-3 years experience working as a Circulation/Access librarian for an Academic Library.
• SIRSI and RFID experience highly preferred.
• Experience and interest in the use of technology to improve access to library service and materials
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team based environment; experience working effectively with patrons and resolving patron issues.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff and colleagues in an internationally diverse population.
• Ability to be flexible and change responsibilities and duties as department needs dictate.
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference ‘RA 1980’ in your subject line.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability