The Media/Reader Services Librarian works with a collaborative team that is dedicated to student learning in an award-winning new library building. He/she will be responsible for advancing the use of instructional technology; participating in the planning, promotion and teaching of information literacy; providing reference services, and developing library collections.
· Design innovative multimedia and web-based instructional materials, which could include Camtasia tutorials, LibGuides, etc.
· Teach students critical thinking skills in using and evaluating library information resources.
· Provide in-person and online reference services, and library instructional sessions.
· Work with discipline faculty to infuse information literacy across the curriculum.
· Assess and evaluate information literacy initiatives.
· Develop print, media, and electronic collections.
· Participate on departmental, campus and college committees, including the SCCC Library Media Committee.