NYIT (New York Institute of Technology) is a private, degree-granting, not-for-profit global university, committed to educating the next generation of leaders, inspiring innovation, and advancing applications-oriented research and entrepreneurship. With two campuses in New York (Manhattan and Old Westbury, Long Island), as well as campuses in Nanjing and Beijing, China; Vancouver, Canada; and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, NYIT provides a technology-infused education to 12,000 students from all 50 states and 125 countries. More than 100,000 NYIT alumni are part of an engaged network of physicians, architects, scientists, engineers, business leaders, digital artists, health care professionals, and more. By learning how to analyze and question assumptions, NYIT graduates are culturally aware, profession ready, and prepared to solve todaya��sa��and tomorrowa��sa��greatest challenges.
NYIT seeks a Tech-Savvy Librarian to introduce new and emerging technologies to users, integrating them to Information Literacy and Library Instruction. Reporting to the Director of Branch Services, the Instruction/ Technology Librarian I will work at the Manhattan campus.
- Teach users to work with new technologies
- Use of hand tools, electronics, computer software, hardware and various other technologies such as 3-D printers, Arduino, Raspberry pi, etc.
- Explore and assist in implementing new technology tools related to instruction/reference for Innovative Library services.
- Use of modern web apps, chat reference, website development, blogs, tumbler, twitter, video and screen capture software
- Contribute and participate in the development of the library’s online presence.
- Create online tutorials, and content for the library’s web site.
- Assist with coverage at the Innovation Labs
- Provide on-line and on-site reference and instruction
- Work with faculty to develop library services and resources to meet their needs.
- Organize on site/online programs/workshops.
- Participate in outreach and develop cross campus partnerships.
- Plan and organize library involvement in key student events.
- Schedule reference coverage and information literacy classes.
- Collection development. Participates in various committees.
- Liaison for the Center for Teaching and Learning.
- May hire train, direct and review the work of student assistants
- Supervise staff and represent the library in the absence of the supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MLS or MLIS required from an accredited program. Undergraduate Computer Science background needed or comparable demonstrated experience.
- Knowledge of databases in various subjects.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Comfortable with hands on approach, particularly an ability to improvise with audiences of various multicultural backgrounds.
- Must feel comfortable presenting for a large faculty group.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to be flexible and change responsibilities and duties
- 2 to 3 yearsa�� academic experience preferred
- Experience integrating new technology into Library instruction/services preferred
- Some evenings and weekends.
We offer a competitive benefits package including tuition remission, along with a professional environment designed to enhance your career development. For immediate consideration please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com