The New York University Division of Libraries is seeking an Instruction and Outreach Librarian for graduate students in the NYU School of Professional Studies. Librarians play a key role in the educational mission of NYU by establishing strong relationships with faculty and students, and connecting them to the services, content, and tools that meet their research, teaching, and learning needs.
The NYU School of Professional Studies offers master’s degree programs and graduate certificates in a wide range of professionally oriented areas of study. The School’s graduate programs reflect the emerging trends, opportunities and innovative business strategies in each respective field that they represent, and include programs in the Schack Institute of Real Estate and the Center for Global Affairs. Graduate students at the School of Professional Studies include full-time and part-time students, working professionals, and individuals returning to the academic world after pursuing other pathways. Classes are held in the Washington Square area, the Woolworth Building, the Midtown Graduate Center, days and evenings, and online. School of Professional Studies graduate programs are served by the NYU Bobst and Brause Libraries.
Working in a collaborative environment this tenure-track position will:
• Build a program of extensive instructional, consultation, and research support services
• Develop responsive and innovative information services
• Outreach to faculty and administrators in the School of Professional Studies.
• Create and deliver outreach methods to students (such as consultation hours, social networking forums, and in-library/online services development)
• Develop information literacy and research proficiencies programming
• Engage students and faculty as active users of NYU Libraries services and collections.
This position is a member of the business team and reports to the Head of Business and Government Information Services in the Public Services Division of NYU Libraries. The position is engaged in and contributes to the highly collaborative work of the department and the NYU Libraries. The Instruction and Outreach Librarian works with colleagues at the Bobst and Brause Libraries to implement and enhance programs and services, deliver physical and virtual research and reference services, and take a leadership role on projects and initiatives as appropriate.
New York University Libraries: Libraries at New York University serve the school’s 40,000 students and faculty and contain more than 5 million volumes. The Libraries supports NYU’s vision to become the first true Global Network University by collaborating and providing services to our 11 global academic centers and “portal campuses” in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai. New York University Libraries is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, the OCLC Research Library Partnership, and the HathiTrust. The Libraries participates in a variety of consortia and collaborates closely with Columbia University Libraries and the New York Public Library through the Manhattan Research Library Consortium. To view the NYU Libraries Mission and Strategic Plan go to https://s3.amazonaws.com/
NYU’s Division of Libraries embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
• Minimum one graduate degree (master’s level or higher) for consideration. A second graduate degree will be required for tenure review. One of the two graduate degrees must be an ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent.
• Experience in library instruction, reference, and outreach in an academic setting.
• Exhibit a strong public service orientation, a high degree of facility with technologies germane to the 21st century library and today’s learners.
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in an academic library environment.
Professional contributions beyond the primary job, such as publications, leadership in professional organizations, and other research and creative activity, are required for tenure.
Salary/Benefits: Faculty status, attractive benefits package including five weeks annual vacation. Salary commensurate with experience and background.
To Apply: To ensure consideration, send your CV and letter of application, including the name, address, and telephone number of three references to: http://apply.interfolio.com/