• Reports to Head of Access, Information and Collection Services & Operations.
• Opens & closes Library Services Desk on Saturdays.
• Responsible for providing courteous and efficient customer service to all library patrons regarding all facets of library operations in the evening and weekend.
• Capable of assisting and instructing patrons (one-on-one or group) on use of library catalog, databases, and various research tools.
• Provides general Circulation services – collecting or waiving fines; general information, etc.
• Accepts and processes all Intercampus and Interlibrary loan requests for students and faculty.
• Fulfills document delivery requests – prompt scanning and e-mailing of needed articles.
• Helps manage Manual Recall Processing – upholding efficient sharing of the library collection among all patrons.
• Assists in AV when needed.
• Able to carry out all Reserve Desk duties which includes Ares course management procedures.
• Provides patron assistance with KIC scanner operations, public printing, and general library catalog database searching.
• Edits book records in SIRSI Workflows.
• Supervises stack maintenance tasks (i.e. shelf reading & audits) which includes coordinating weeding and shifting projects with other library staff.
• Oversees library student assistants performing a variety of tasks.
• Conducts opening or closing duties as required, including being responsible for the cash register tally, turning off all Desk PCs, and opening up the overnight drop bin.
• Functions as a liaison with the evening and weekend Library Security personnel, ensuring library regulations are followed.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• B.A. preferred with academic library experience.
• Must be capable of light lifting and shelving activities.
• Must be self-motivated, highly detail oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Must be able to work well with others and coordinate shared tasks.
• Prior experience in library related customer service evaluation preferred.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Library of Congress classification, OCLC, SIRSI workflows, and online catalog and database searching.
• Must be willing to work at RH or Westchester campus if necessary for special projects.
• Strong commitment to public service required.
• Mandatory competency test.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
HOURS: Saturday: 9:00AM – 8:00PM (One hour lunch) Flexible and can change.
Two four and a half hour weekday evening shifts to be arranged.
(Hours vary during the summer and inter-session)
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER, RESUME TO: Nick Alongi,
Head of Access, Information and Collection Services, and Operations; email@example.com