This is a full-time position; regularly scheduled hours during the Fall and Spring terms are
Monday-Thursday, Noon-8 p.m. and Friday, 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. The schedule for this position is subject to change to accommodate the academic calendar and staffing needs.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide information technology and library circulation desk support for members of the Iona Community.
Education: High School diploma, college preferred
Experience: Library experience preferred, specifically in the job specialty
Specialized Skills: Knowledge of a range of computer hardware and software used in academic libraries. Knowledge of the technology, practices, and standards of the individual’s area of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide telephone and walk-in support to users on application software and software /hardware specific to Iona College, diagnose and troubleshoot various software/hardware problems. Generate activity tickets using the Help Desk software package.
• Open/Close the library building; conduct hourly rounds, gather/compile statistics; monitor and report facility and security issues.
• Apply principles of good patron service to all interactions with users and visitors.
• Monitor communications from supervisors, co-workers and campus departments.
• Utilize resources to maintain awareness of library and campus events.
• Assist students and faculty with laptop setups on the wireless network, assist students with the installation of virus protection/anti-spyware software.
• Reset user passwords and distribute password envelopes.
• Monitor functionality and respond to technical problems in labs and technology classrooms ( library and campus-wide) and Romita Auditorium; troubleshoot network printing queues, printers, copiers, microfiche readers, workstations, DVDs, VCRs, projection systems, etc.
• Acquire and maintain advanced level of expertise on software applications and operating systems. Research answers to user question utilizing various tools and media.
• Create/Update staff and user documentation for installs, updates, etc.
• Assist in maintaining Master Calendar.
• Process scantrons for tests and evaluations.
• Participate in Freshmen Orientation and move in day.
• Act as liaison between the Iona Community and other areas within Information Technology and the Libraries.
• Retrieve books, articles, microfilm and videos as needed, check in/out/renew books, reserve items and ILL materials and activate library accounts, process library overdue notices.
• Assist in training other help desk specialists and managing and scheduling student workers.
• Assists to facilitate proper organization, management, including shifting, and circulation of library materials.
• Performs other job duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisor, manager and/or department head. Schedule subject to change to accommodate the academic calendar and staffing needs, may work evenings and/or occasional weekends.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and the names of three references to:
Assistant Director of Libraries for Public Services and Systems
715 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10801
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.