The primary responsibility of this position is to provide information technology and library circulation desk support for members of the Iona Community.
Education: High School diploma, college preferred
Experience: Library experience preferred, specifically in the job specialty
Specialized Skills: Knowledge of a range of computer hardware and software used in academic libraries. Knowledge of the technology, practices, and standards of the individual’s area of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide telephone and walk-in support to users on application software and software /hardware specific to Iona College, diagnose and troubleshoot various software/hardware problems. Generate activity tickets using the Help Desk software package.
• Open/Close the library building; conduct hourly rounds, gather/compile statistics; monitor and report facility and security issues.
• Apply principles of good patron service to all interactions with users and visitors.
• Monitor communications from supervisors, co-workers and campus departments.
• Utilize resources to maintain awareness of library and campus events.
• Assist students and faculty with laptop setups on the wireless network, assist students with the installation of virus protection/anti-spyware software.
• Reset user passwords and distribute password envelopes.
• Monitor functionality and respond to technical problems in labs and technology classrooms ( library and campus-wide) and Romita Auditorium; troubleshoot network printing queues, printers, copiers, microfiche readers, workstations, DVDs, VCRs, projection systems, etc.
• Acquire and maintain advanced level of expertise on software applications and operating systems. Research answers to user question utilizing various tools and media.
• Create/Update staff and user documentation for installs, updates, etc.
• Assist in maintaining Master Calendar.
• Process scantrons for tests and evaluations.
• Participate in Freshmen Orientation and move in day.
• Act as liaison between the Iona Community and other areas within Information Technology and the Libraries.
• Retrieve books, articles, microfilm and videos as needed, check in/out/renew books, reserve items and ILL materials and activate library accounts, process library overdue notices.
• Assist in training other help desk specialists and managing and scheduling student workers.
• Assists to facilitate proper organization, management, including shifting, and circulation of library materials.
• Performs other job duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisor, manager and/or department head. Schedule subject to change to accommodate the academic calendar and staffing needs, may work evenings and/or occasional weekends.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and the names of three references to:
Assistant Director of Libraries for Public Services and Systems
715 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10801