- Design the English curriculum system of elementary school to meet the school’s goal of achieving personalized learning for English Learners
- Oversee all aspects of the English curriculum process, including development, mapping (using Rubicon Atlas) implementation and evaluation
- Work with other teachers to integrate technology and other subjects into the curriculum
- Monitor the inventorying, analysis, and ordering of the latest and most recommended instructional resources, aligned with content areas standards and following best practice in international schools
- Explore and develop assessment policies and practices that emphasize diverse and multiple forms of assessment to address learning styles and multiple intelligences and that accurately measure if students are at, above or below grade levels in achievement
- Assist with teacher recruitment, orientation, coaching, mentoring, and professional learning to build a professional and effective teaching team
- Work with administration to provide professional development opportunities such as the Fountas-Pinnell Reading Workshop
- Develop an age-appropriate scope and sequence in content areas such as a Lexile-based reading program in Grades K-6
- Review and maintain an updated faculty curriculum reference library
- Provide teaching, coaching and co-teaching as needed with curricular implementation
- Propose and implement new programs and services as needed
- Assist with parent education where appropriate
- Perform other related duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree and above in curriculum and instruction, or related field
- Experience in leadership position, preferably in an international school or bilingual school
- Minimum 2 years of experience in English teaching, preferably in elementary school
- Strong research ability, familiar with English teaching methods and theories
- Feel comfortable working in a multicultural environment
- Commitment to a standards-based curriculum model
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Strong background in technology and interdisciplinary curriculum development
- Vision of a learning community
- Student-centered philosophy
- Passion for educational excellence, learning and quality teaching
- Be open minded, flexible, creative, responsible with excellent learning ability
- Strong affinity and care for children
- Willingness to serve the school community and strong working ethics
- Good organizational skills
- Outstanding personal and interpersonal communication skills
- Teamwork spirt and relationship-based leadership style
Benefits and Compensation
expatriate teachers, annual salary 250,000 yuan
40 hours a week (of which class hours no less than 12 hours)
- Accommodation: Housing subsidy (3,000 yuan per month) is provided in earlier stage, and we will provide house-seeking guidance for foreign teachers. Housing subsidy will be replaced by free employee dormitory in later stage.
- Flight Allowance: Cost-based reimbursement is provided. The limitation of reimbursement is 5,000 yuan per year, a family to enjoy only once a year. To apply for reimbursement, staff and their families’ economy class round-trip tickets (direct flight from Beijing to the employee’s home address) are needed.
- Insurances: Supplementary commercial insurance is provided, including, inpatient, outpatient, emergency, accidents, etc.
- Meals: Before this September, only lunch is provided. Since September 2018, breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided.
- Transportation, Living Allowance and Yearly Bonus: Depending on the work experience and position, there will be different quotas of transportation and living subsidies. The yearly bonus will also be based on different levels of work experience and performance.
- Visa application fee: At the first year of the contract, the school will provide the cost-based allowance for the first visa during the next month after the employee becomes the full member. Visa certification will be needed. The limitation of allowance is 1,000 yuan per employee. After that, the school will handle and pay the follow-up work visa fee.
- Reimbursement for relocation: A one-time fixed allowance of 3,000 yuan per person, a total of 4,000 yuan for spouses, will be paid by school together with the salary in the next month of relocation.
- Tuition discount for employee’s children: In the contract period, if the employee’s immediate children apply for our T-School, free tuition will be provided for the first child, 50% off for the second child and 20% off for the third child. The above discount can be enjoyed in junior, middle and high school of T-School. Once the employee leaves school, the discount will expire from next semester.
- Immediate relatives’ tuition discount: For children of immediate family members who apply for admission to our school, a 10% discount of the tuition fee is provided. Each year each employee has 1 place. Students must complete the preferential admission application before February of each year.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org