Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Electronic Resources/Serials Management Librarian. The Librarian will be responsible for serial and electronic resources and collections, participating in reference and instructional services, collaborating with the Discovery Services Team, and functioning as the departmental liaison to faculty and students.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for serials, standing orders, and electronic resources management.
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting for acquisitions, managing and delivering of e-resources; integrating with library discovery systems; collaborating with campus network and website personnel; and managing vendor relations.
- Managing serial & standing order information resources in all formats, including selection, collection development, and processing.
- Supervising student workers assigned to material management.
- Helping shape policy, goals and procedures for serials and electronic resources.
- Developing assessment strategies and conducting ongoing assessment based on usage, usability, overlap and value to inform management decisions and improve library services.
- Developing and collaborating on electronic resource access and integrating projects with consortium and campus technical colleagues.
- Providing reference and instruction and serving as liaison to academic departments as assigned.
- Covering one evening shift per week and Saturday on weekend staff rotation.
Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA accredited institution plus one to three years of academic library experience with knowledge of and experience with management of serials and a variety of existing and emerging electronic resources is required. Knowledge of Integrated Library Systems, Learning Management Systems, and electronic resource platforms plus high-level skill using Microsoft Excel, Access or other database management software is also required.
Experience providing instruction and reference assistance in an academic library is strongly preferred. Science background is preferred but not required. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, forward-thinking professional dedicated to proactive, user-centered service with the ability to innovate and thrive amidst rapid organizational and technological change. This person will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively with minimal direction both in dependently and on teams. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.
Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is EOE