The Electronic Resources Librarian is responsible for managing the Library’s online resources, which include: subscription databases, proxy server/OpenURL management, the Library’s Content Management System (CMS) presence, a variety of hosted systems/Web 2.0 initiatives and other digital systems and services. The Electronic Resources Librarian is responsible for managing the Library’s website. This position is responsible for ensuring reliable and effective access to the Library’s extensive collection of e-resources and managing related subscriptions and trials, renewals, and cancellations. The Librarian will collect and analyze usage data monthly for the electronic resources, creating usage reports and charts as needed. The Librarian will assist with troubleshooting e-resources and work with library systems to resolve any access or authentication issues. The Librarian will work collaboratively with the Systems Librarian and the IT department. As a tenure-track academic Librarian there are other standard duties such as teaching/instruction, reference shifts, academic department liaison work, collection development, and other professional responsibilities. This is a twelve-month tenure track position.
* Instruct Library Information sessions
* Provide reference services in-person and online
* Act in the capacity of library liaison in assigned subject areas
* Produce web-based research guides
* Ability and willingness to represent the Library in College and SUNY-wide initiatives and committees
* Ability to promote Library collections, services and offerings to the campus community and beyond
* Experience with copyright compliance
* Collection development
* Other duties as assigned
* A basic proficiency in HTML, XML, CSS and scripting languages
* Experience with XSL, MySQL, PHP or other LAMP technologies
* Knowledge of LibGuides/Springshare Products administration
* Experience with the EZProxy and LinkSource (or similar applications)
* Collection management experience in the areas of database acquisitions
* ALA-accredited Master of Library Science (MLS)/Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS).
* Ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines, and manage change.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills. An ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and public in a courteous and professional manner.
* Demonstrable knowledge of emerging library technologies.
* Minimum of two (2) years experience working in an academic library.
* Physical ability to move about the building and to handle the tools of the trade.
* Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
* Desire and willingness to keep abreast of new technologies.
* Ability to provide and maintain access to electronic resources through software such as link resolvers’ discovery services, EZProxy, or Alma Primo.
* Understanding of records management necessary for tracking electronic purchases, subscriptions, access, maintenance, licenses and copyright restrictions.
A cover letter with a resume and contact information (to include name, email address and telephone number) for three (3) references should be submitted online at: https://oldwestbury.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=91576
Only applications submitted online will be considered.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: December 31, 2017
VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.