The Office of Cultural Education anticipates filling a Senior Librarian (Technical Processes) position in the Public Services Unit of the New York State Library located in Albany, New York. Under the direction of the Associate Librarian (Reference) in the Public Services Unit, the incumbent will serve as the Electronic Resources Librarian and will be responsible for electronic resources licensing, procurement, management, problem resolution as well as being responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the Library’s collection of over 40,000 electronic journals and 84 online databases. Other duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Usage of electronic resources such as OpenURL link resolution and discovery environment;
• Support user access and troubleshooting problems;
• Serve as the electronic resources liaison to the Acquisitions, Metadata, and Computer Applications Units;
• Manage communications and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, publishers and consortium partners;
• Develop and analyze statistical and management reports for electronic resources;
• Monitor and identify emerging trends and technologies for electronic resources;
• Serve as an active member of the NOVELNY team and support delivery of NOVELNY resources to 19 million New Yorkers;
• Provide training, direction and support to library staff, patrons as well as employees of other state agencies and organizations; and
• Provide reference and information services in all subjects to a diverse public onsite, by telephone and via email.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For provisional appointment, candidates must have either: 1) a Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school AND two or more years of experience supporting electronic resources lifecycle in a medium to large library environment; OR 2) a Master’s degree in Information Studies from an American Library Association accredited school AND two or more years of experience supporting electronic resources lifecycle in a medium to large library environment; OR a combined Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Science from an American Library Association accredited school AND two or more years of experience supporting electronic resources lifecycle in a medium to large library environment. A Master’s degree in information technology is not qualifying.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a provisional appointment. The work schedule for this position includes rotating Saturdays. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
SALARY: $55,126 (Leads to a maximum salary of $70,013 based on annual performance advances.)
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 1, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email applications are preferred). You must include the Box number (OCE-935/80054) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Office of Human Resources Management
NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Albany, NY 12234
Fax (518) 486-5631
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer