POSITION SUMMARY: The Rutgers University Libraries seek a skilled, service-oriented, and forward thinking Electronic Resources Librarian to manage and support access to the Libraries collection of licensed electronic resources. Reporting to the Discovery Services Librarian, the Electronic Resources Librarian is responsible for performing a range of tasks that support the discovery and delivery of electronic resources. Core duties include activating and managing electronic resources in Alma, ensuring the accuracy of holdings, licensing, and vendor information, configuring and testing resources for remote access, investigating and troubleshooting technical and subscription-related access problems, and providing expert support to library users and staff. The Electronic Resources Librarian is also responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data related to the usage of electronic resources in order to guide collection development decisions, library instruction, reference services, and web-based information delivery. Working collaboratively with librarians, technical staff, and vendors, the Electronic Resources Librarian helps develop and implement user-centered strategies to ensure convenient, seamless, and uninterrupted access to electronic resources.
– Manages access to electronic resources, including databases, ejournals, ebooks, and streaming media
– Develops and documents workflows for managing the integration of electronic resources into the Libraries discovery environment
– Investigates and troubleshoots access issues involving electronic resources and provides expert support to library users
– Works collaboratively with technical services and collection management staff to ensure the accuracy of descriptive metadata and holdings information for electronic resources within the Alma system architecture
– Manages communications with library users and staff regarding trials, newly acquired resources, platform changes, service disruptions, and cancellations
– Collects, analyzes, and reports data regarding usage of electronic resources to inform library decision-making
– ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library or information science
– Demonstrated experience with electronic resource management during all stages of the lifecycle, including acquisition, implementation, support, and evaluation
– Demonstrated knowledge of library systems used to provide access to electronic resources and their interoperability, including library management systems, discovery platforms, link resolvers, and proxy servers
– Ability to collect, analyze, and provide meaningful interpretation of electronic resource usage statistics
– Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
– Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including users, librarians, technical staff, vendors, and consortia partners
– Three or more years of professional experience in an academic library setting
– Demonstrated experience and/or certification in Alma and Primo
– Demonstrated knowledge of industry tools, standards, best practices, and initiatives related to electronic resource management, including ONIX, OpenURL, KBART, ERMI, SERU, COUNTER, and SUSHI
– Proficiency with data analysis and visualization tools
– Evidence of commitment to continuing professional education and development
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S.
SALARY: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
STATUS/BENEFITS: Faculty status with a calendar year appointment. Benefits include retirement plans; life/health insurance; prescription drug, dental, and eyeglass plans; tuition remission; and 22 days of vacation.
LIBRARY PROFILE: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Chartered in 1766 as Queen s College, Rutgers is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States, a land-grant university, and a member of the Association of American Universities, the Big Ten, and the CIC. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world. Rutgers includes Rutgers University New Brunswick, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences, Rutgers University Newark, and Rutgers University Camden. Rutgers comprises 33 schools and colleges and is home to more than 300 research centers and institutes. The university is dedicated to teaching that meets the highest standards of excellence; to conducting research that breaks new ground; and to providing services, solutions, and clinical care that help individuals and the local, national, and global communities where they live.
Rutgers University Libraries are the intellectual center of the university serving all members of the university community, supporting all disciplines, and playing a key role in advancing student learning and faculty research. The Libraries serve Rutgers New Brunswick, Rutgers Newark, Rutgers Camden, and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences. The Libraries have a highly valued staff of about 300, who are committed to developing innovations in undergraduate support, information control, and digital initiatives. The Libraries operate with a budget of $34 million and have outstanding collections, especially in New Jerseyana and jazz. Collectively, the Libraries holdings include more than 4.8 million volumes. The Libraries hold memberships in ARL, CNI, CRL, Lyrasis, Metro, NERL, VALE, SPARC, and the Coalition of Open Access Policy Institutions; use SirsiDynix and OCLC as primary bibliographic utilities; and utilize a Fedora-based institutional repository.
Shared User Services is a central public services unit of the Libraries located on the College Avenue Campus of Rutgers New Brunswick. The offices are accessible by public transit.
For more information about Rutgers University Libraries, please check the Libraries website: https://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/
TO APPLY: REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS AND INTERVIEWS WILL BEGIN IMMEDIATELY AND CONTINUE UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED. SUBMIT RESUME, COVER LETTER, AND NAMES OF THREE REFERENCES TO: http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/60717