Instructor or Assistant Professor – Electronic Resources Librarian
Job ID: 11469
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: The Kurt R. Schmeller Library
Issue Date: September 19 2014
Closing Date: November 18 2014
Review of Resumes to Start: October 03 2014
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Supports a college library through providing in-depth consultation with students and faculty and collaboration for the ongoing improvement of instructional programs and practices. Pursues an active scholarly agenda, performs supervisory duties, and participates in college-and university-wide programs and committees as assigned.
Supports a college library through providing in-depth consultation with students and faculty and collaboration for the ongoing improvement of instructional programs and practices.
Queensborough Community College, City University of New York, is located on a park-like campus in Bayside. The college offers associate degrees in a variety of transfer and career programs. Queensborough Community College is committed to fostering a collaborative, learning-centered community and the Kurt R. Schmeller Library is very concerned with working in a learner centered environment.
The successful candidate for the position of Instructor or Assistant Professor – Electronic Resources/Web Librarian will have the following responsibilities:
– Serve on a university-wide electronic resources advisory committee;
– Manage locally held electronic journals and databases;
– Maintain and expand linking capabilities with Serials Solutions;
– Monitor and maximize access to free full-text resources;
– Serve as local administrator with numerous passwords;
– Manage database trials;
– Assess the value of various resources by gathering and using statistics and by gaining an understanding of the importance of specific resources to the programs offered by the college;
– Market new or underused resources to colleagues in the Library and other departments;
– Teach colleagues in the department and in other departments how to use different e-resources;
– Other duties as assigned.
– Reference, information literacy instruction, liaison work and collection development responsibilities are also required of all library faculty.
The position includes evening and weekend assignments.
All titles require a Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution. Also required is the ability to work with others for the good of the institution.
ALA Accredited MLS and progress towards a second graduate degree required for Instructor position; a second Master’s or doctorate required for Assistant Professor appointment; library experience, preferably in an academic setting; and experience with electronic databases and discovery tools.
Salary Range. Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
How To Apply:
From our job posting system, select “Apply Now”, create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.