TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Electronic Resources Librarian
DEPARTMENT: Walsh Library, Rose Hill Campus
- Provides ongoing maintenance of databases to ensure
continued access throughout the life cycle; checks
search capabilities and website display; claims broken
links or missing content; assists in annual renewals.
- Resolves database access problems. Provides technical
support to users and responds to help desk requests.
- Collects COUNTER-compliant usage statistics for all
licensed electronic resources and creates annual
reports; maintains detailed information on statistics
access (links, passwords, contacts).
- Manages the Electronic Resources Management System
(SerialsSolutions), including knowledge base
management, overlap analysis, link resolver
configuration, and URL customizations.
- Ensures remote access to databases by providing EZ
Proxy configurations to EIC network manager and
troubleshooting setup problems with publishers when
- Administers publisher admin areas with login
credentials, contacts, IPs, branding, and other
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies,
standards, and technical issues relating to electronic
resources. Contributes to the professional dialog to
improve service and enhance access to library
- Uses a variety of productivity tools (including MS Excel,
Word, Access, Google Docs and LibGuides) to organize
and administer electronic resources.
- Assists in other tasks and special projects related to
online resources as necessary.
- American Library Association accredited Master’s
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an academic library
- Experience with the technical procedures of acquiring
and maintaining library resources
- Excellent communication skills working with faculty,
students, vendors, and colleagues
- Experience with an integrated library system
(SirsiDynix Symphony preferred); discovery service (EDS
preferred); link resolver (Serials Solutions preferred);
- Familiarity with standards, best practices, and trends in
- Initiative and demonstrated ability to work both
independently and collaboratively
- Very detailed oriented with analytical and quantitative
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
START DATE: 11.6.17
HOURS: M-F 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
SEND LETTER & RESUME: Lynn Parliman (email@example.com)
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE) Head of Serials & Electronic Resources
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.