The Office of Library Services at the Central Administrative Office of CUNY supports the libraries at the University’s 24 campuses to coordinate and enhance library services for students and faculty in partnership with campus librarians. The Office provides the CUNY+ online catalog, negotiates University-wide contracts and licenses, and subsidizes the CUNY Digital Library Collection, commercial document delivery, and courtesy discharge services. The Office seeks an Electronic Resources Librarian to manage full life cycle of electronic resources licensed to the University with primary accountability for e-book collection development, acquisition, and access, and secondary accountability for supporting database and journal packages. The position reports to the University Dean for Libraries and Information Resources.
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
– Participate in developing and managing CUNY’s multi-million dollar annual investment in electronic resources.
– Evaluate the services of external content providers/vendors and develop ways to optimize their value in order to meet the needs of our students and faculty.
– Participate in content provider negotiations, oversee license review, and shepherd the licenses through the University’s contracting and procurement systems for e-resources acquisitions.
– Work with Systems and Technical Services staff to ensure appropriate access is enabled.
– Review and batch load all non-routine vendor MARC files on behalf of campus libraries and ensure compliance with national standards.
– Serve on various University-wide academic and professional committees (Assessment, Copyright, E-resources Advisory Council).
Please see the full posting for required and preferred qualifications and salary range. Our positions are partly hard-coded into the HR management system so please do not be intimidated by the systems requirements under General duties, but refer to the Campus Specific duties.
The job is open through 2/14/14 with review beginning at the end of January.