POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Director of E-Resources & Serials Management (ERSM), the Electronic Resources Access & Discovery Librarian focuses on establishing and maintaining online access to content licensed by Yale University Library (YUL). This position supervises a team of staff responsible for key discovery and cataloging workflows. Within a changing and flexible environment, s/he works closely with colleagues and vendors to ensure consistent access to library holdings across multiple platforms including the library’s catalog and article discovery services. Manages YUL’s troubleshooting service, focused on complex access problems. Works closely with other units within ERSM and partner departments to support and improve access to licensed electronic collections.
· A Master’s degree from an ALA‐accredited library school and a minimum of 2 years of professional experience is required for this position.
· Ability to apply the principles that guide the organization of bibliographic information to the organization of electronic resources.
· Demonstrated ability working in an integrated library system or knowledge base. Conceptual and practical knowledge of the technologies used to manage and access e-resources over time.
· Familiarity with library acquisitions and licensing and how these impact access to electronic resources. An understanding of the best practices for managing the records that track electronic purchases, subscriptions, and licenses.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated analytical and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The full job description and application information are available at http://bit.ly/2CLtn0B