The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey is looking for an Electronic Resources Coordinator (ERC) to maintain library electronic resources and related services, including the ERMS. S/he will update and maintain holdings, communicate with vendors, and gather usage statistics. The ERC also will serve as a liaison to assigned programs. This AFT union position reports to the Associate Director of the Library for Public Services.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of the Library for Public Services, the Electronic Resource Coordinator:
1. Administers the library’s Electronic Resource Management System (Serials Solution): updates and maintains e-resource holdings and link resolver, entering correct data in various ERMS modules.
2. Integrates e-resources with library discovery systems.
3. Communicates with vendors to remain informed of e-resource developments and technical issues.
4. Gathers usage statistics and other assessment data for e-resources.
5. Arranges and oversees trials and demonstrations of e-resources.
6. Serves as a member of the Library Technology Team, which oversees website development, evaluates the usability of library portals, and recommends improvements and solutions.
7. Assists in developing the annual budget for electronic resources.
8. Serves as a liaison to several academic programs, offering instruction sessions and developing collections in assigned areas.
9. Participates in assessment and continuous improvement of all library operations and services.
10. Participate in library policy making and planning.
11. Serve on committees as requested by the Director of Library Services.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of the Library for Public Services or the Director of Library Services.
a�? ALA accredited MLS/MLIS degree.
a�? Knowledge of the acquisition process for e-resources.
a�? Experience working with an integrated library system, an e-resources management system, or link resolver software.
a�? Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
a�? Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
a�? Ability to work effectively with minimal direction both independently and on teams.
a�? Two years of experience with serials or e-resource management in an academic library.
a�? Experience working as a library liaison in an academic library.
Salary: Commensurate with the position, qualifications, and experience of the candidate.
Apply: Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged. Please email submit a letter of application, resume, and names of 3 professional references to: Emma.Picorale@stockton.edu. Please include the job title and Reference ID #AA118 in the subject line. Or you may mail the same to: to Library Search Committee, The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway NJ 08205. All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
Screening Begins: 1/12/15
Screening Ends: When position is filled
Position Number: 000225
Position Status: N/A
Bargaining Unit: AFT
Stockton is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the College atwww.stockton.edu/