POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Director of E-Resources & Serials Management (ERSM), the Electronic Resources Acquisitions Librarian focuses on establishing and maintaining strong intellectual control over content throughout the acquisitions life cycle of electronic resources licensed by Yale University Library (YUL). This position supervises a team of staff responsible for key acquisitions and licensing management workflows. Within a changing and flexible environment, s/he works closely with colleagues and vendors to manage the acquisition and licensing of new electronic resources as well as the renewal of existing subscriptions. Works collaboratively with other librarians and staff to ensure consistent access to library holdings across multiple platforms including the library’s catalog and discovery services. Works closely with other units within ERSM and partner departments to ensure the efficient acquisition and licensing of electronic resources.
· A Master’s degree from an ALA‐accredited library school and a minimum of 2 years of professional experience is required for this position.
· Ability to apply the principles that guide the organization of bibliographic information to the organization of electronic resources. Demonstrated experience with library acquisitions.
· An understanding of the best practices for managing the records that track electronic purchases, subscriptions, and licenses.
· Demonstrated ability working in an integrated library system. Conceptual and practical knowledge of the technologies used to manage and access e-resources.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated analytical and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
APPLICATION PROCESS: The full job description and application information are available at http://bit.ly/2oz8q4L