E-Resources Librarian sought by the Benjamin S. Rosenthal Library at Queens College, The City University of New York (http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/
Anticipated start date is July 1, 2013.
Reporting to the Associate Librarian for Public Services, the E-Resources Librarian effectively coordinates and leads e-resources activities which include management, budgeting, policy development, statistical and qualitative reporting and improvement in a high-tech multi-disciplinary library.
Works collaboratively to:
– Effectively integrate e-resources into the Queens College Libraries’ websites.
– Advance the Libraries’ teaching and learning activities in support of the Queens College curriculum.
– Promote and make aware the effective use of e-resources to all college users.
Specific duties include:
– Oversees the acquisition, licensing, maintenance of and continuous access to e-resources. This includes acting as primary contact and negotiator for consortial and vendor purchases.
– Assesses and makes recommendations for e-resources trials and the development of digital content in support of teaching and learning at Queens College.
– Represents the Queens College Libraries’ interest on various Queens College, CUNY, local, regional and national library committees.
– Continuously monitors trends and best practices in e-resources management, discoverability, and use as ell as supports the professional development for the Library faculty regarding e-resources awareness and learning.
– Participates in instruction, collection development, and research services. Schedule may include some evenings and weekends.
Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS) or the equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution is required.
For appointment as Assistant Professor, a second graduate degree and a minimum of one year of e-resources experience are required.
– Two or more years of e-resource, cataloging, serials, or acquisitions management experience in an academic library
– Familiarity with link resolver systems, electronic resource management systems, and integrated library systems
– Experience resolving product and service issues with vendors
– Web coding for e-resource provision
– Personnel and project management experience
– Experience with library budgetary practices
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYFirst, please follow the instructions below:
– Go to www.cuny.edu and click on “Employment”
– Click “Search job listings”
– Click on “More options to search for CUNY jobs”
– Search by Job Opening ID number (6560)
– Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions.
Please note that candidates must upload a CV/resume, a cover letter including a statement of scholarly interests and contact information for three professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you upload, for example, JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer